With more than 30 years of experience under his belt, professional angler Henry Waszczuk (a.k.a. Hank) has amassed a great deal of knowledge about inland and offshore fish species. Naturally, when he’s out on the water putting his well-equipped 270 Dauntless through its paces, he draws from this insight to determine which tools and tactics will work best on a particular day and location.
Now you can test your knowledge against Henry’s with this challenging quiz. Record your choices as you go, answering as many as you can, then click the link at the bottom to view the answer key. Think you know fish? Prove it!
1. What feature sets fish apart from other water-dwelling animals?
2. What’s the proper term for the study of fish?
3) Which of the following is true about fish scales?
4) Which part of a fish’s body does not help enhance its hearing?
5) What is the largest fish?
6) What is the fastest fish in the ocean?
7) Which fish has the longest migration route?
8) What’s the main difference between the shark’s class of fish and other fish classes?
9) What type of “fish” was a recent household fad in the United States?
10) How far can flying fish glide in the air?
Ready to check your score? Visit the Answer Key.