With more than 30 years of experience under his belt, professional angler Henry Waszczuk (a.k.a. Hank) has amassed a great deal of knowledge about inland and offshore fish species. Naturally, when he’s out on the water putting his well-equipped 270 Dauntless through its paces, he draws from this insight to determine which tools and tactics will work best on a particular day and location.
Now you can test your knowledge against Henry’s with this challenging quiz. Record your choices as you go, answering as many as you can, then click the link at the bottom to view the answer key. Think you know fish? Prove it!
1. What feature sets fish apart from other water-dwelling animals?
- two-chambered heart
2. What’s the proper term for the study of fish?
3) Which of the following is true about fish scales?
- all fish are covered by scales
- fish scales do not overlap
- older fish have larger scales
4) Which part of a fish’s body does not help enhance its hearing?
- gas bladder
- lateral line
5) What is the largest fish?
- whale shark
- basking shark
- giant catfish
6) What is the fastest fish in the ocean?
- blue marlin
7) Which fish has the longest migration route?
- Bluefin tuna
- European eel
8) What’s the main difference between the shark’s class of fish and other fish classes?
- sharks are larger than other fish
- sharks are carnivorous
- sharks have skeletons made out of cartilage
9) What type of “fish” was a recent household fad in the United States?
- singing fish
- clown fish
10) How far can flying fish glide in the air?
- 5 feet (1.5 meters)
- 20 feet (6 meters)
- 50 feet (15 meters)
Ready to check your score? Visit the Answer Key.
This is for general information purposes only. Your use or reliance on any of the information in this Blog is solely at your own risk. Under no circumstance will we have any liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any of the information provided.
Options and features mentioned subject to change. Please confirm availability of all accessories and equipment with an authorized Boston Whaler Dealer.