Use of Personal Information. Personal information, including names, addresses, and personal opinions, may be retained by Marketing Call Centers, or Customer Service and Warranty Call Centers for any of the following purposes:
- to assist callers with obtaining marketing information;
- to assist callers with customer or product issues;
- to evaluate callers’ experiences with marketing programs, products, service, and sales;
- to comply with any requirement of law or request of a governmental authority;
- to return calls or follow-up with third parties to provide the caller with assistance;
- to keep an accurate record of calls;
- to train employees and improve service; and
The caller’s personal information will only be used by the Call Center for these specified purposes and will not be sold to any third party. Depending on your request to the Call Center, Callers’ personal information may be forwarded to third party suppliers with which we have contracted to provide you with certain products or services and which have comparable levels of privacy protection. The Call Center will provide a caller with a copy of any retained documented personal information upon written request within a reasonable amount of time. Personal information will be subject to the safeguards, access, retention and disposal policies as set out in the Boston Whaler’s Privacy Policies and Practices under Call Centers and Brunswick’s Document Retention policies.
1. Calls should only be taped for specified purposes, which a reasonable person would consider appropriate under the circumstances.
2. The taped information will only be used by the Call Center for the specified purposes described to the caller.
3. Call Centers will obtain the consent of the caller prior to taping the call by informing the caller that the conversation is being taped and the purpose for the taping at the beginning of the call by either an automatic recording or a Call Center representative. Callers who continue to place the call have provided implied consent.
4. The Call Center will comply with applicable law regarding the deletion of any tapes pertaining to a caller’s personal information upon written request within a reasonable time, provided that such records are not required for legal or business reasons relating to the services being provided to the caller. The written request shall specify the name of the caller and date of the call for retrieval purposes. A summary of the call will still be recorded as set out above.
5. The Call Center’s recorded calls will be stored and catalogued in such a way that they may be easily and individually retrievable and, where circumstances warrant, erasable.
6. The taped call will be subject to the safeguards, access, retention and disposal policies as set out in the Company’s Privacy Policies and Practices, under Call Centers.